Computer Crime Division
Tools: Time Limiting Software
Time Limiting Tools
If you're concerned your child may be spending too much time online -- or you don't want him or her to use the Internet when you're either asleep or away from home -- this type of software offers a solution. It allows you to set limits on how much time your child spends on the computer or online. You can also use time-limiting software to set the time of day children can go online or use the computer.
Below are links to FREE programs to limit your child's internet usage.
- Controls who uses the computer and individual programs, when and for how long.
- Limits user's time on Internet, games and chatting.
- Eliminates arguments and frees up time for homework, family or exercise.
- Ensures equal time-share for everyone in a multi-user computer environment.
- Restrict your family members from visiting Web Sites and News Groups that may contain pernicious information.
- Block e-mails, chat sessions, instant messages and P2P connections if they contain inappropriate words.
- Prevent your private information (credit card number for example) from being sent to the Internet.
- Set a schedule to specify days and times when on-line activity is allowed.
- Limit Internet Traffic to a specified amount of data that can be sent or received per user / per day.
- Control the list of programs that can have access to the Internet.
- Get notification e-mails with full description of blocked operations and an attached screen-shot of your kids' computer to control them remotely.
- Get detailed information about Internet resources used by your computer.
- Set different levels of restrictions for every member of your family depending on their maturity, interest, habits and parental control needs.